Wola Matiaszowa (Воля Матіяшова)

Wola Matiaszowa (Ukrainian: Воля Матіяшова, Volia Matiyashova)

Parish Information

The church in Wola Matiaszowa was “Saint George” built in 1908. Prior to this the village had been served for many years from Berezka. The Village church was a filial parish to the one in Berezka.

In 1785 the village lands comprised 5.5 sq km There were 80 Greek Catholics 16 Roman Catholics and no Jews.

  • 1840 – 263 Greek Catholics
  • 1859 – Greek Catholics
  • 1879 – 260 Greek Catholics
  • 1899 – 300 Greek Catholics
  • 1926 – Greek Catholics
  • 1936 – 300 Greek Catholics

Genalogy Resources

USC Solina

The following Wola Matiaszowa Greek Catholic metrical records are available at USC Solina (Urząd Stanu Cywilnego – Civil Registries Office):

  • Births, marriages and deaths from 1926 to 1938
  • Deaths from 1891 to 1946

State Archives of Przemysl